sunshine express garden centre

I love it that the warm weather is here (for now)! The sun is currently shining, Mom is busy working in the gardens, the birds are singing, our cat is prowling, the golden finches are playing at the bird-feeder, the water-fountain is gurgling, the motorcycles are roaring by, kids are laughing as they ride by on their bikes and butterflies are flitting about. Mmmmhmmm... one of my favourite times of the year

Today was the day that Mom bought a lot of the annuals she plants around the house AND I got to go with her. I don't have much of an interest in gardening, but I do have an interest in beautiful things. So, I agreed to go with her. I think we left our house at 10:30 and didn't get back until after 1:30 - yes, 3 hours of perusing and talking and planning and choosing and sorting through hundreds of varieties of flowers.

Turns out we got many of the "usuals" that have been planted year after year, but we also picked up some "new" flowers for various locations around the yard. I'll need to go find the labels to the plants and then see if I can find pictures to put up on the blog because I'm kinda excited about some of the plants we've got.

In the wine barrels in front of our garage, we've got:

'White Ice' Euphorbia
'Gartenmeister' Fuchsia
'Lime Green' Sweet Potato Vine
'Blackie' Sweet Potato Vine
'Violet' Calibrachoa


In the big pots on the front porch, we've got:

'Scarlet' Coleus Wizard
'Velvet Red' Coleus Wizard
'Lime Green' Sweet Potato Vine
'Blackie' Sweet Potato Vine


More to come as it gets planted because I really don't know what's going where.

No comments: