C is for Cookie

So Christmas is almost upon us again. That means I've done a lot of baking already (and boy, it's more than I even planned for).

Mom and I have made Cornflake Cookies, Sachertorte Cookies, Siropskuchen, Peppermint Cookies, Almond Crescents, Snickerdoodles and Starbucks Cookies with various helpers (my sister, cousin, sister-in-law, nieces and nephew).

On my own I've made a couple of batches of Sachertorte Cookies, Almond Crescents, Lunch Munch Cookies, Candy Cane Chocolate Chunk Cookies and Tangerine Blossoms.

With my friends Dave & Mikol, I made 8 different varieties of biscotti (including Chocolate-Cherry Biscotti).


And the baking is not finished yet. It's insane.

But I must admit, I really enjoy it. The cookies are generally smaller than at any other time of year. And they are more work than "normal" cookies are. But the results are so yummy and satisfying.

Tangerine Blossoms were a new one for me this year. The day that I made them, my nephew came over. He right away wanted to try one. So I gave him one and asked if he liked it. His response was "It's yummy, Tante Carolynn! It tastes like macaroni and cheese!"

Just for your reassurance, they do not actually taste like macaroni and cheese, but they are good.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I admire you baking stamina. I have shortbread in my house. That's only because my Mom-in-law made them here!