weddings and exams

Alright, so Saturday, April 21, 2007 is a day I will never forget. My friend, Vittoria, got hitched. It was a great day outside, the sun was shining and it was warm. The ceremony was beautiful. But instead of heading to the reception hall at 5:30 for the receiving line and reception, I had to head to Brock to write an exam. Yes, it's true. My exam was scheduled from 7-10pm on Saturday night. I had approached the professor about this conflict, but he didn't seem to be in a generous mood and said I had to be there. So, that's where I was while my friends were enjoying the fabulous food. Of course, I went to my exam completely dressed up (hair, make up, dress, heels) in the hopes of making the professor feel a bit guilty. Everyone must have thought I was crazy, but that's the way it goes. So, I finished my exam in approximately one-and-a-half hours and ran out of there as quickly as I could. I got to the reception hall as the tables were being cleared, but I got my plate of yummy food and then got on the dance floor (that must've been a funny sight, since I DON'T dance). But I had a blast and it was a great way to work off the stress of the day. Thank goodness it was my last exam (at least until my spring and summer courses start).

No comments: